Things my sister-in-law complained about the two days we were at Disneyland 🤦♀️
Complaining at the Happiest Place on Earth" because apparently it isn't.
- •"I eat BREAKFAST when I'm on vacation!"Screamed at my husband. When he visits her she ALWAYS says, I don't eat breakfast. But suddenly she does (huh?) and mad cause we were planning IHOP without her. 🤦♀️
- •Then it started....At IHOP-I said I like the Swedish Pancakes but I ask for them to be cooked a bit more- sometimes they're too doughy. She said, well aren't you a Princess. 🤦♀️
- •Freaked out when her coffee was too hot.Then when I ordered the latte she requested and thoughtfully asked for the temp lowered to 160, she freaked out saying she only drinks lattes at 180° otherwise they only taste like 'hot milk'. 😶 "No good deed goes unpunished" 🤦♀️
- •Said I had an 'agenda' by making her walk to get Fast Passes at Disneyland.I guess I did. Trying to prevent her from waiting 50 minutes in line and then hearing her complain about that too. 🤦♀️
- •Knowing that there might be an issue at Soarin' Over the World ride, I explained it's virtual reality. You'll be 'flying' over mountains. Past the Eiffel Tower, swooping over the Sahara desert and might get motion sickness.After the ride? Her: I'm afraid of heights! You didn't tell me we'd be going so high! I almost unhooked my seatbelt and jumped out! Me: I'm sorry-what does flying past the Eiffel Tower mean to you? 🤦♀️
- •"I paid $155 and I only rode on two rides"See above. 🤦♀️
- •Chose to have a smoke instead of riding 'it's a small world' with her niece & nephew she met for the first time that day.The kids are 1 and 3. Small world ride is one of the few that's appropriate for all ages (not too scary, fast and effortless) This one still baffles me.
- •"I don't need a beer to have a good time" 😡Seriously bit my husband's head off when he suggested we get a drink at the California Adventure beer garden. Then this an hour later...
- •Let's get a drink.Me: They don't serve alcohol in Disneyland. 5 min later-Her: Let's get a drink. Me: They don't serve alcohol in Disneyland. We can walk over to California Adventure. Her: I don't want to walk that far. 5 min later-Her: They don't serve alcohol anywhere in Disneyland? No they don't. 🤦♀️
- •Explained to me what a 'drone' isCause I apparently don't live in the world.🤦♀️
- •Exlained autism to meSee above.🤦♀️
- •Explained that dogs don't like plastic toys.The neighbor who watches our cats, recently got a puppy, so we always include a dog toy in our thank you gifts. This time we picked a molded plastic Mickey Mouse ice cream bar. I heard SO much shit about that toy. But the neighbors thought it was great. 🤦♀️
- •Not enough smoking areas.I was surprised there were any! At Disneyland? Very progressive, Walt. Next time we take her somewhere, my thought is it should be a casino. 🤷🏼♀️
- •But then, boy was she sorry!As we crossed the street to the hotel, I said a hurried goodnight and ran to the room cause I really had to pee. Little did I know (until hours later), my husband really stuck up for me that night. Tears, apologizes to him and offers to call me to apologize. She did the next day. I honestly don't think she realized how many mean things she said to us until it was pointed out. All is forgiven and we're fine now.
- •Today she texted me that she's walking in the Women's March in Berkeley.Careful dear. You may have to walk. There might be an agenda. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy she went out and supported the cause but my bet was she'd be watching it from a warm coffee shop.🤦♀️ (and I was right)