Things on li.st that confound, mystify and baffle me 📂
list/ noun 1. a number of connected items or names written or printed consecutively, typically one below the other. I've been here only a week and already am perplexed. (Update: this has been in drafts for two months and OMG it's still true)
- •Lists with one itemOr one number listed 8 times. I guess it's a list but really?
- •Lists with one item = FacebookIf you post one item, wait for likes and people comment then you have Facebook or Instagram, fb's better looking little brother.
- •Lists that I keep reading over and overSo many lists-how could it happen that I would zero in on the same ones? Maybe it's me just drawn to the heading
- •Pandering to the list creatorsWe're gonna make a list that somehow works in the @ names dev or BJ or anyone who was in The Office. I'm not gonna do it unless directly relevant.
- •You save a draft and the blue banner appearsAm I the only one that always looks? It looks just like someone just 👍🏼or 🗣 on your list.
- •Using an excess of curse words.Looking to shock or be cool? Really I can't think of much that would shock someone and it's not gonna be any word, that's for sure. A well placed fuck has more impact when used sparingly. We all know body parts names-the real names, the slang names. We all have the Internet, Urban Dictionary. And don't call me pedantic.
- •You are shitting me!You got 37 likes on THAT? No shit. Wow. I'm not sure if I'm at the right place-maybe I belong back at Facebook where everything is banal and pointless.
- •The list you had in drafts looks unrecognizable when it actually gets published.You suddenly see all the typos, grammatical errors and the GIFs have no connection to your subject
- •I read this list and it was 💯 true
- •'Insert name' is now following you.But they don't comment or ❤️ any of your lists. If they're bothering to follow you, wouldn't that be the starting point?
- •If I publish this will I be celebrated or will I become a pariah?Interesting to see some lists that are snarky and rude get a lot of support and others rather benign get full force fury. Or do lists like this get someone kicked off list? I knew I should have tried to make this funny...
- •Ok, now you can let her rip...