THINGS THAT TASTE LIKE MY CHILDHOOD
Guess I'll jump on this nostalgia train. Inspired by @nelle and everyone else.
- •Rice-a-RoniChicken flavor. Was a regular side dish with pork chops. Makes sense 🙃
- •Lipton Soup MixDry, tiny noodles and a lump of that same chicken spice mix, similar to Rice-a-Roni only solid not powdery. It's mixed with water and boiled for 5 minutes. Taste A+
- •Turkey Lunch Meat on whole wheat breadMy everyday school lunch. I'd never had a peanut butter sandwich (and jelly, though minor point in this story) till I was about 8 or 9. At a friend's house for lunch. And I'm like, MOM! Why don't WE have peanut butter sandwiches? Because I don't like peanut butter, she says. That's child abuse, I say.
- •SpamOnly for breakfast but still, yuk.
- •Pepsi ColaAunt Ruth only bought RC Cola. My mom only bought Pepsi Cola. Sibling rivalry spilling over into a cola war. But they all agreed CocaCola was the worst. 😳
- •TrixAlways in the house cause my dad liked it. (I'm more of a Lucky Charms sort of girl myself) You could almost taste the Red Dye #2
- •OvaltineMy mom's choice of chocolate milk flavoring. 12 vitamins & minerals was Ovaltine's claim to fame-all I know is the malt flavor was delicious.
- •Fish Sticks & Tater TotsWow, let the kids make their own dinner!! Thanks Mom!
- •Six-letsMy favorite penny candy purchase. The chocolate center has a completely different taste than M&M's AND you can still get a bag for $1 at Target 🍬