MY ADULT SNOW DAY
I recently wrote an article about snow days as a grownup and am experiencing the first legit one of the season right now. This is what a snow day means to me now versus when I was a kid.
- •Instead of waiting by the radio to hear if school is cancelled...I anxiously await a text from my boss to know whether or not I'm needed at work.
- •Instead of my mom making me hot chocolate and cookies...I immediately check the kitchen for storm chips and booze. If there is neither I must somehow get to the store.
- •Instead of getting out all my toys and having a giant tea party...I run around the apartment making sure every electronic device I own is fully charged for the imminent power outage.
- •Instead of staying in my PJs all day...I put on my favourite all-grey sweatsuit to start a drunken deep clean of the apartment.
- •Instead of watching The Land Before Time, movies 1-3...I rewatch the first two seasons of Girls while drinking/cleaning.
- •Instead of helping my dad shovel the walkways...I cry thinking about digging out my car in the morning.
- •And instead of making snow angels I...Well, I guess I still make snow angels!
- •Happy snow day!❄️❄️❄️