TERRIFYING MOVIES FOR KIDS
I was a neurotic, wimpy kid, but these were scary. Right?
- •JumanjiI mean, I'm 7 years old and think this nightmare of a game is as easily accessible as Monopoly? Nope.
- •Hocus PocusI was convinced my cat was also a human trapped in a feline body that hadn't yet found her voice. This was equal parts intriguing and terrifying for a tiny cat lady like myself.
- •BeetlejuiceBeetlejuice. Beetlejuice. Beetlenope.
- •Now and ThenI was very anxious and weird, so the sheer fact that four girls became four women freaked me out and made me start thinking about and dealing with the idea that I was growing up too. Sidenote: this is now one of my faves.
- •My GirlMy best friend was a boy just like Macaulay Culkin. I was obviously convinced he would die any day.
- •The MaskHE LITERALLY COULD NOT GET THE MASK OFF HIS FACE.
- •Willy WonkaI didn't eat a blueberry until I was a teenager.
- •Honourable mention for TV shows: Are you afraid of the dark and Freaky StoriesYTV classics, but nope.