Female Role Models With Short Hair
As a long time pixie cut champion, and the mother of a 7-year old girl who recently got her first short crop, it is always surprising to me how few examples there are of women with short hair in pop culture. But when you find them, they are so awesome and inspiring it makes you want to hold your short haired head up high.
- •Lena Dunham@lenadunham is many things, but a champion of other women is at the top of the list. She tells our stories, fights our causes and even takes one on the chin now and then for us all. She may not always have short hair, but it suits her best in more ways than one.
- •Hilary ClintonShe hasn't always had short hair, but she does now and she will when she becomes our first female president. If we could hire her based on her resume alone, we could save a lot of time and money.
- •Terry Gross@npr's greatest treasure, if could all just have a fraction of her curiosity and openness the world would be a much better place.
- •Cecile RichardsLike her amazing mom Anne, she is a warrior fighting to keep all women safe and healthy.
- •Julie AndrewsShe is the definition of class. Modern starlets take note.
- •Marlene SandersThe first woman to break into the boys club of network news.
- •Amelia EarhartShe didn't hear them when they said, you can't do that.