Movies I Can't Wait Watch With My Kid
If there is one thing I don't want, it's to have our seven year old girl traumatized by movies whose concepts she's not ready to handle. But I am a movie buff at heart and cannot wait to watch these favorites with her. This list will undoubtedly grow over time.
- •Funny FaceI am putting this at the top of my list! Not only is it a Gershwin masterpiece but a beautiful portrait of Paris and an hysterical look at the world of fashion magazines. In addition to Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire it features Kay Thompson -- who also created Eloise!
- •BeetlejuiceWe've already watched three Tim Burton films (Nightmare Before Xmas, Charlie & Chocolate Factory, Pee Wee's Big Adventure) but the Beetlejuice trailer freaks her out a bit. Maybe next year.
- •Edward ScissorhandsThe malaise of suburban life can wait, but ultimately this is a sweet romance. 9.
- •JawsYou have to be careful with this one cause the ocean can be scary to a small one. Floaties will never be the same.
- •Close Encounters of the 3rd KindThis may seem harmless but it is really about a father almost losing his mind, so perhaps better to wait until she is a double digit.
- •American Werewolf in LondonI love genre horror and this one is great. But the scenes with Griffen Dunn missing half his face still cause me to wince. Let's wait until 16?
- •Breakfast ClubMolly Ringwald showed this movie to her own girl when she was 11. I am gonna follow her lead.
- •After HoursMore Griffin Dunn. I want our girl to understand NYC the way it was -- when TriBeCa was a bad neighborhood! Perhaps it will be her first Scorsese?
- •Wings of DesireThis film made me fall in love cinema when I was a a freshman in college. So gorgeous and romantic. But perhaps hard to fully appreciate until you have loved and lost.
- •GhostbustersI think we're ready for this! The BJ scene will go over her head.... Right?