Things I Will Miss About Working in the Time-life Building/rock Center
This Friday, October 30th InStyle magazine is moving out of its home of 21 years -- the iconic Time Life Building in Rockefeller Center to a spanking new location downtown. Though I won't miss plowing through crowds of selfie-taking tourists, there are plenty of things I am already feeling pangs of nostalgia for...
- •Spotting NBC stars during lunchHoda, was that you in the revolving door today?
- •The roast chicken sandwich from WichcraftWith broccoli rabe. Perfection.
- •MoMA drivebysWith my membership card I can zip through lines and take in a bit of culture in minutes. (The Picasso sculpture show is amazing, btw.)
- •Getting Bway tickets right from the theaters' box officesSave that ticketmaster fee and be spontaneous. I like to get solo seats for Tuesday night shows.
- •Watching the tree go upYou know it's the holidays when...
- •Working across the street from Simon & SchusterMy dear friend Laurent Linn works there and sometimes we slip away for lunch.
- •Recreating scenes from Rosemary's BabyTho, this is tricky cause there are no pay phones any more.
- •Doing my best Peggy OlsenThe Mad Men era is truly over.
- •Quick shopping fixesZara, Uniqlo, H&M have all been a short stroll away. No more impulse buys.
- •The Lego StoreMy 7 year old is my excuse but I secretly love going there.