Reasons to Tip 30% to Your Server This Holiday Season
My friend Kate and I want to start a revolution. All holiday season, tip service industry workers 30% instead of 20%. If you like this idea, please share it!
- •Servers work damn hard
- •They may not get as much quality time with their friends and family during the holidays because they are working. For you. Bringing you yummy food and drinks.
- •They make very little hourly. In most states it's only $2.13. (Source: https://tippedwage.com/the-tipped-wage-in-your-state/)
- •They don't receive healthcare from their employers. Except in very rare cases.
- •They are unable to depend on a consistent wage.
- •Some people don't believe in tipping. Even if they received excellent service, some people don't tip or tip less than they should.
- •You used to work in the service industry and know what it's like.
- •You've never worked in the service industry and have no idea what it's like.
- •It's the right thing to do to bring a little holiday cheer to someone you don't know.
- •You have a favorite server that deserves a holiday bonus.
- •You are a good person and have a good heart.