Things I miss about the South (now that I live in IL)
- •HillsMy town in IL has one big hill. It's man-made.
- •Really, really hot summers and hot summer nightsSometimes I question if it is really hot enough to get in the pool here.
- •Southern accentsI am asked daily where I am originally from. Which can get annoying. Especially since I have to specific which Nashville... IL, IN or TN. Suprisingly, no one ever commented on my accent when I live in the South :)
- •SEC football liveThank goodness for the SEC network, because really, does anyone care about football outside of the SEC? ;)
- •Missing (some) family eventsOthers, I don't mind missing
- •Southern food including restaurants like Shoney's.I really miss good fried catfish. I would even settle for Captain D's catfish over the catfish here.