Things I Forget as I Get Older
- •Why I was so afraid to miss a flightI ran through airports in terror, heart racing. "I'm going to miss my connection!" So what? I'm not a heart surgeon. Where was it so crucial that I had to be there on time?
- •Why I went to sleep every night convinced I'd die in an earthquake, home invasion or both
- •Why being famous is an important goal and a good way to live your life
- •Why I got so upset when multiple people I knew were all using the same slang term or expressing the same opinion as if it was theirs and theirs aloneThe entirety of my 20s and a big chunk of my 30s was devoted to aggressively shaming people for this "hypocrisy." Now I can't remember why I cared, or what exactly the point was - "Every single person alive should always be thinking and doing completely different things and never have any kind of shared experience," I guess...?
- •Why I wanted so badly to work at places that didn't want me to work there
- •Why I wanted so badly to be romantically involved with people who didn't want to be romantically involved with me
- •Why I felt angry, threatened and vaguely disgusted when I saw other people having a good time
- •Names"Hey, how ya been... buddy!"