Ways Henry Cavill Is So Fun & Charming
@dena asked for this one after I mentioned in a comments section that I enjoyed "Man From UNCLE" - and particularly Henry Cavill, who I described as "fun" and "charming." Let me count the ways.
- •I mean, he's obviously ridiculously handsome - like you could actually make a "Swingers"-style movie where Jon Hamm is the neurotic friend who "can't get laid" and Cavill is the slick buddy helping him out, and I would totally buy it.
- •His performance in UNCLE was weirder and funnier than I expected. First of all, he speaks in a self-conscious, unnatural manner that I initially assumed was an imitation of Robert Vaughn (star of the original TV version). But the longer it went on, the more I suspected he was doing Robert Urich in "Austin Powers!"Or maybe Cavill was just battling not to let his British accent slip out. Regardless, he was funny.
- •He sits in a truck and eats a tomato and cheese sandwich while a speedboat gunfight goes on behind him - and goddamn, you've never seen an actor enjoy a sandwich more.
- •This suit? Forget it.
- •In conclusion, Henry Cavill is fun and charming and should stop wasting time acting all serious as Bummer Superman, and start making fun movies where he is a cop who finds out his new partner is... A LEPRECHAUN?!?!?!"Lepre-Cop." That's my idea, I thought of it.
- •Thanks for the list request, @dena!