Side-effects of super curly hair
I love my hair, but it comes with its own weird shit
- •This is me and my hair in my most natural state.
- •It's heavy!At least twice a week I get a terrible headache because my hair is weighing my head down.
- •It takes at least 24 hours to dry.It's not just curly, it's thick!
- •People think they can just walk up and touch my head.Yah... just because it looks nice DOES NOT mean it's ok to touch.
- •It costs twice as much to get it doneThere's so much of it! My hair girl gives me a good discount, but still a cut and color costs at least $150.
- •The knots!In the 24 hours it takes to dry it turns into what my mom always referred to as a "rats nest"
- •I have found things in it....Mainly feathers from a feather pillow I eventually threw out. Also found in my hair: food crumbs, leaves, and lost Bobby pins.
- •In all honesty though, with all of the things that are such a pain in my ass, I LOVE my hair! It's like a built in accessory that makes me feel beautiful and confident ❤