FAVORITE NEW YORK SPOTS
- •The oceanography room in the Museum of Natural HistoryIt's all blue and cavernous with a giant whale suspended from the ceiling. They have mats on the floor where you can lay and stare at the ceiling, and it looks like you're laying at the bottom of a pool and watching light dance on the water's surface. It's the most mellow place in New York City and I could stay there for hours.
- •Murray's BagelsBest bagel I've ever had. They don't own a toaster because their bagels are so fresh they don't need one. Euphoria.
- •Malatesta TrattoriaOn Washington Street. Best gnocchi I've ever had outside of Italy. It's pricey and there's always a wait but the food is impeccable. All the waiters are Italian so you know it's real.
- •Central Park's Great LawnOn a warm spring day especially, but really any day. What a wonder in the middle of that concrete maze.
- •Grand Central, Main TerminalI love this room. It's always full of bustling people lugging bags and holding three too many objects and hurrying along but then you look up and the artwork is stunning and there's huge American flags and everything slows down for me. You can look around at the faces of people waiting eagerly for friends and family and lovers to arrive and to me, the masses of people become individuals.
- •Best bookstore in the world. It's like a castle for books. It's fun to be in a place that exalts books the way that I do. I ❤️ STRAND.
- •Westside MarketYes, this is a grocery store. But it is also a religious experience. The pre-made food there makes me question why I ever eat other things. On more than one occasion I purchased imported feta from Westside and ate only aforementioned feta for dinner.
- •Sister act Broadway musicalSuggested by @ptrench192
- •Grand centralSpecifically running through the terminal and getting verbally assaulted on a trainSuggested by @ptrench192