HOW ONE MONTH OF DAILY MEDITATION HAS MADE ME HAPPIER
I started meditating through the Calm App. It leads you in guided meditation and it is absolutely fantastic. The first week is free and after that it costs $3.99/month. To me, that's very little to pay for peace of mind. I promise I'm not a spokesperson for them - I'm just so grateful to have found it and want to spread the word!
- •The app also has different guided meditations for what you need in the moment. Here's some of the options:
- •There are twenty-four different options!
- •Here's what I've gained:
- •Meditation has made me less reactive to negative thoughts, sounds, and interactions.
- •I'm able to choose whether or not I want to explore certain thoughts.
- •It's given me space every single day to just be a soul in a body, and not a person being pulled in a bunch of conflicting directions.
- •Meditation has taught me how to breathe better. That's crazy, y'all. I breathe all the time and had no idea I wasn't doing it well! Now I'm aware when I'm holding my breath for no good reason.
- •(If I'm not underwater, there's no reason to hold my breath. That's just anxiety physicalizing).
- •I'm a self aware person. But meditation has taught me how to implement non-judgment into my thoughts. I'm more compassionate toward myself now. I didn't realize how harsh I was on myself, but now I take note of it.
- •And then correct it.
- •Because I'm great, and meditation has helped me not just believe it again, but really put being great into practice again.
- •Meditation has given me peace and awareness that I typically only feel while traveling. Now I can access it every day.
- •It's given me a newfound balance and peace in my heart and soul. Through that, I'm able to accept where I am and be in the moment. That means I love every day more. I appreciate my friends and family more. Gratitude is my driving force, not anxiety.
- •Meditation has helped me to see that anxiety is an illusion. When I perpetuate anxiety, I'm pulling the wool over my own eyes.
- •And there's no need for it.
- •Awareness and clarity feel much much better.