SONGS THAT PUNCH ME IN THE GUT
No matter how many times I hear them
- •Time After Time by Cyndi LauperI cry every time I hear this song. It just makes me think of all my friendships and my sister and unconditional love and, obviously, Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion.
- •Turning Tables by AdeleThis song essentially spoke the words that I couldn't about a past relationship. Every time I hear it, I can feel what I felt then.
- •Shake It Out by Florence & the MachineThis song gave me the strength to move on from aforementioned break up. Every time I hear it, I remember how strong I was in that moment.
- •Forever Young by AlphavilleYouth, man. This song makes me wanna be in it forever.
- •In My Life by The BeatlesThis song makes me cry because it's how I want to feel about someone someday.
- •Vienna by Billy JoelYouth again. Why is this so sad to me? Probably because you wake up one random day and realize it's sort of passed.
- •Ancient Lullaby by Matisyahu"The eyes of Hashem are to the righteous and He hears their soul cry like an ancient lullaby." I say "amen" because that's my prayer.
- •ירושלים של זהב"Jerusalem of Gold", performed by Ofra Haza. If you are into the Jerusalem thing, this song will speak your soul for you. When I start crying: "Jerusalem of gold, and of bronze, and of light. Behold I am a violin for all your songs." ✨😭✨
- •America by Simon and Garfunkel🇺🇸
- •Exodus by Trevor Hall"Sometimes I don't feel at home, like Exodus in my own soul, and I wanna return." Look, I'm a Jew in the diaspora.