Your Time On Planet Earth Has Expired, Please Leave
I know for a fact there are decent men out there but today it just feels hard to think about that
- •@ rape apologistsScott Herhold, a "journalist," being one
- •@ this rapist Brock Allen Turner who raped a woman behind a dumpster and then blamed alcohol🆒
- •@ Judge Persky who only sentenced Turner to six months because he felt a longer sentence would have a "bad impact" on him
- •Turner's swimming achievements and the fact that he was a student at Stanford was also taken into considerationWhy? I don't know.
- •It's one of those days that feels really hard to be a woman.
- •It's one of those days where no one should stand idly by.
- •Every day is one of those days.
- •When we speak out against sexism and rape apologizers it makes it a tiny bit easier for victims to speak out too.
- •And it makes it a tiny bit harder for rapists and their allies to feel validated.
- •We must speak out, today, tomorrow, every day -
- •Because you know what?
- •I'm a lucky one. I've never been assaulted. But I'll tell you all something.
- •I've yet to walk home alone without checking over my shoulder, and clutching my phone and my keys in my hands.
- •I've yet to get in a cab alone and not roll down the window and make sure my door is unlocked, just in case the driver tries anything.
- •I've yet to feel safe, EVER, by myself in the company of a man I don't know EXTREMELY well.
- •And that's not okay.