THE TIME I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE UPS PICKUP GUY
- •It was a Monday.I had a long, long day of finals and working. Work was INSANE because it's the holidays and I work at a shop where we ship packages so you can see how that'd be wild.
- •It was time for me to go home!I was waiting for one of the computers so I could clock out.
- •He walked inThe most beautiful man I've ever seen. He had dreads and the kindest eyes.
- •I was taken aback and couldn't stop staringAnd neither could he!
- •He peeked his head around the corner and we had v long and v intense eye contact.Ahhhhh
- •AND THEN
- •He smiled at me with so much warmth that my heart caught flame.I smiled back obviously. Probably my most genuine smile to date.
- •I couldn't just wait until he left to leave because that would be suspicious and also weird. So I clocked out, departed, and called one of my best friends to leave a voicemail about the man I'd fallen in love with. A voicemail about the man I'd now call Dread Love.I thought about him all evening
- •I promised myself that if I came to pick up the next day (today) I would tell him how attractive I think he is.
- •I anxiously waited all day today. 4 pm was the money hour.I could see Dread Love again!
- •But there were 2 UPS pickup guys and neither were Dread Love.Agony. True agony.
- •When will I see his kind eyes and warm smile again?