ROLES I HAVE PLAYED THAT ARE TRADITIONALLY PLAYED BY MEN
You'd never know it to look at me now (boobZ) but I've played a LOT of dudes in shows. Arranged chronologically, starting in 4th grade, with pics when available:
- •Jack, Into The WoodsAt Girl Scout Camp.
- •Corin, As You Like ItOneida Middle School. I had a real live sheep onstage with me.
- •Feste, Twelfth NightMiddle school again. This one had a disco theme and I wore a top hat.
- •Sir Andrew Aguecheek, Twelfth NightEight grade. Caribbean theme. I wore a pith helmet.
- •Olin Britt, The Music ManJust to be clear, that's a member of the barbershop quartet. And that's @erinmallorylong with me!
- •Miller the Lab Assistant, Waiting for LeftyFor my first production in acting school, I was so committed to my ART that I BOUND MY BREASTS. Where's my Tony?!
- •Aeneas, Troilus and CressidaIn rehearsals, people called me "Anus." I founded Rome, you fuckers.
- •Choragus, AntigoneThis one is supposed to be a whole CHORUS of men.
- •Also, if you asked me to sing "Summer Lovin'" or "Paradise by the Dashboard Light," I'm always gonna sing the guy part. Always.