THE PUPPY CODE
Everything I want my puppy to be, courtesy the Boy Scouts of America.
- •TrustworthyWho doesn’t want a puppy they can trust?
- •LoyalAgain, obvious
- •HelpfulI want my puppy to be capable of assisting me.
- •FriendlyThis way he’s cute and lovable.
- •CourteousSure, a puppy can be courteous.
- •KindSort of seems like the same thing as friendly and courteous…but it’s better.
- •CheerfulThis way he’ll have that cute puppy smile all the time.
- •ThriftyUmm…I want my puppy to be as ok with my choice of inexpensive puppy chow as I am…yeah…thrifty puppy…sounds good.
- •BraveMy puppy will face every situation fearlessly. Like a firehouse puppy! Yeah!
- •CleanEven though my puppy will play cheerfully and fearlessly, he won’t just roll through the mud and track it through the kitchen.
- •ReverentI’m stumped. I don’t know why I want my puppy to be reverent, but it’s on the list anyway.
- •Be clean in his outdoor mannersDon’t just poop wherever.
- •Be careful with fireI don’t want my puppy to get burned.
- •Be considerate in the outdoorsNo digging up flowers.
- •Be conservation mindedYes. That.
- •I’d like to thank the Boy Scouts of America for coming up with all these great puppy guidelines. They really crafted the perfect code for a good puppy to follow…and Boy Scout too, I guess.