THINGS I HEAR WORKING IN A WOMEN'S CLOTHING STORE
Some of the sobering, and funny, things I hear at work.
- •"I really just don't want to draw attention to myself, so something plain coloured please."
- •"But am I too old to wear this?"
- •"Haha no, it looks good on the mannequin which means it won't look good on me."
- •"There must be more out the back!"
- •"Oh you're too young to help me."
- •"What do you mean they won't post me a $20 sale top from the other end of the country?!"
- •"No no, I like things too big and flowy, no way I'd get into the smaller size."
- •"Let me tell you about all my grandkids and how special they are..."
- •"Oh you had this dress a few months ago... it was kinda long, can't remember what colour it was... can you help me find it?"
- •"Aren't you supposed to smile while you're working?"