Things A Guy In My History Class Tried To Say About Women's Rights
We were talking about human rights across the world and this happened . . .
- •"Women's rights isn't an issue in the United States because it's worse in other places"
- •"Girls don't actually get told that they can't do something because of their gender"
- •After that, someone brought up that a male lawyer told them that they shouldn't become a lawyer because a women will never make it in that career.The guy in my class responded with this: "well it's true, a women can't be a successful lawyer"
- •"Women don't actually get called things like bossy when they are in charge in the workplace"This was in response to a girl talking about how her mom gets called bossy at work just because she needs her employees to get things done.
- •This next one is paraphrased because I can't remember exactly what he said. It was something along the lines of "Feminism was created by white women who had the privilege but still wanted something to complain about"
- •There was more, but I was too angry to remember it. Everything that he said shows exactly why we need feminism in the United States and around the world. It is important now matter how developed, or undeveloped, your country or area is.