Things People Have Said to Me in Hyderabad
Two weeks in India with the in-laws-to-be has made for lots of comments, some welcome, some less...
- •You are built like a man.From the tailor who just couldn't make that custom blouse fit -- at all.
- •You look like a doll!When trying on clothes that look nice or fit well.
- •Oh, she eats with her hands!Earned me major props with the extended in-laws-to-be when I dug in on that idly.
- •Just add ponds cream and push!The posts on earrings here are at least 3x the diameter of posts at home. This hurts - a lot.
- •MadamAll the time, by just about everyone.
- •😱when I explain to tailors and shopkeepers that my dad is 6'7
- •Eat more!So. Much. Food.
- •"What do you do," said no one, not once.