NOTES FROM MY LIFE ON THE ROAD BY GLORIA STEINEM
- •On the road, I learned that the media aren't reality; reality is reality.
- •One of the simplest paths to deep change is for the less powerful to speak as much as they listen, and for the more powerful to listen asking as they speak.
- •It's said that the biggest determinant of our lives is whether we see the world as welcoming or hostile. Each becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- •When humans are ranked rather than linked, everyone loses.
- •—younger and more radical women didn't want just a job and a piece of the pie. They wanted to bake a new pie altogether.
- •"Filters let in a cup of water," he says, "but keep out the ocean."
- •It's easy to forget that people can think you think what you don't think.
- •There is no better moment in life than finding the right word.