My Jacket Collection is Spiraling Out of Control
I have a problem. Organized oldest to newest, so stick around to see my latest solution to all of my problems.
- •Old Navy jeans jacketI think I got this for back-to-school for 8th grade, so 2004. I NEVER wear it. But I can't throw it out because it's not terrible, I just hate that it's "stretchy" jeans material not real jeans material
- •Black pea coatI got this coat in 2005 for my Confirmation. Fun Fact: the pockets are made out of thin lining material and have been completely ripped for 11 years.
- •White (ish) rain jacketGot this in 2008 for when I went to China. Definitely didn't wear it until at least 2012.
- •Cropped "pea" style jacketBought this from Forever 21 in approx 2008, and it was worth every one of the $22 I spent on it. Great for college parties where everyone throws their coats in a giant pile.
- •Not Pictured: Yellow Rain SlickerPurchased in 2009 from college bookstore because I showed up to college without a rain jacket. I know I have it...must have overlooked it in the closet
- •Not Pictured: black fleece2009. Purchased with the marching band, customized with my first name. Confuses me every time I wear it and someone I don't know calls me by my name.
- •Longer maroon jacket2012, also from Forever 21. I wanted something longer/fancier than the red coat. Unfortunately not really warm enough to be practical in a Boston winter.
- •JCrew toggle frontApprox 2013. finding this coat was a divine intervention. I walked into the sale section and it was hanging from the end of a rack, in my size, 60% off. And it has a hood. Sold.
- •Purple/maroon puffy vest - forgot to include in the photo shoot, luckily I have this super amazing picture in my camera roll2014 I think...I was so exicted to wear this to a football game at my alma mater, I even paid for expedited shipping. Then it was 75 degrees in November and I had to leave it at home :(
- •Light fall utility style jacketSummer 2015, purchased at an outlet shop. I wanted a green one but my sister told me all the ones I picked out were ugly. She approves of the dusty blue slate. No hood tho 😕
- •Quilted blanket coat?It looks pink in this picture...it's not. Purchased online from Anthro (my kryptonite) for $30 in 2015. It's actually pretty warm and super comfy.
- •Ski JacketPurchased in a I'm-going-skiing-for-the-first-time-spending-frenzy in Feb 2016. It's pink on the inside 😒 but it was only $60 so I couldn't pass it up. So many pockets!
- •White jeans jacketI spent 3 weeks and $300 (before I returned the rejects) trying to find the perfect white jeans jacket this summer. This is it, but also I only wore it 3x because I didn't want it to get dirty.
- •(faux) Leather Moto JacketWelcome to the Fam! I'm in love 😍