OKAY OKAY I'LL DO IT...I'LL WATCH FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
My only experience with FNL is everyone I know telling me how good it is, and that Amy Schumer sketch
- •A minute and a half in to episode 1 and this is definitely not the vibe I was expecting...more gritty/documentary kind of thing and the poverty thing of the guy who lives with his grandma
- •Minka Kelly as a high schooler! How old is this show again?
- •"Get up son. Get up." From coach Taylor...getting a Miracle vibe here when Herb Brooks makes them skate after they lost to Norway
- •I have a feeling I'm going to like this blonde chick ragging on Minka Kelly at the diner
- •AND coach Taylor is sitting in a room watching film and his wife walks in to talk to him his hair looks just like Herb Brooks'....maybe I've seen Miracle too many times
- •"I'm thinking about starting a Christian speed metal band" I really want to know what that is but also terrified to google it
- •The shaky camera from all different wacky angles and then zoom and and out...I know zero about film/directing/cinematography but this just gives a weird vibe totally different from what I expected from this show
- •So curious which player the coach's daughter is gonna end up dating
- •This quarterback guy seems to just agree with everything everyone ever says...waiting for him to blow up
- •All these old ladies hitting on the high school boys!!! Whatttt
- •Blond chick's name is Tyra...for my future reference
- •Why does it look so cold while theyre practicing?????? It's supposed to be the first game of the season right, aka it's AUGUST and they're in TEXAS?!
- •That's fucked up
- •Obviously not happy for this kid who might be paralyzed...
- •But pretty excited for Saracen
- •UPDATE: okay I stopped live-listing after Street was paralyzed and saved this to my drafts. But I am now halfway through the the first season and stand by every thing I wrote here so I'm publishing it now