WHY JUSTIN BIEBER'S "SORRY" IS ACTUALLY A TERRIBLE APOLOGY
A personal reaction
- •No where in the song does The Biebs actually say "I'm Sorry." My mom never would have accepted this weak shit from me when I hit my younger sibs in the face with a kickball (by accident!!)
- •"You gotta go and get angry at all of my honesty"First line, right off the bat Biebs is throwing the responsibility on the person he's supposedly apologizing too, and excusing his (assumed) shitty behavior on just "being honest"
- •"Cause I just need one more shot at forgiveness"Exactly how many shots at forgiveness have you already been given Justin?
- •"Is it too late now to say sorry?"Notice how he isn't actually saying sorry here, just testing the waters to see if reconciliation is still on the table. A true apology is never "too late."
- •"Cause I'm missing more than just your body, ohh"Did he have to mention her body at all? Also, he doesn't mention what exactly besides her body he is missing, not a single example of why he loves her and wants her back so bad.
- •"I'll take every single piece of the blame If you want me too But you know that there is no innocent one in this game for two"So this line starts out okay, and then he immediately negates that sentiment by redistributing the blame. While a break up is never the exclusive fault of one party, his immediate contradiction of himself does not bode well for this apology's acceptance.
- •"Can we both say the words, say forget this"1. Saying words is not forgiveness 2. Forgetting is not forgiving 3. These problems are just going to keep coming back up if all you're doing is "saying the words" and "forgetting"
- •"I'm not just trying to get you back on me (oh, no, no)"Here he goes again mentioning sex/her body and giving no evidence of why he wants to be in a relationship with her besides sex
- •"Yeah I know that I let you down Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?"Now, I know this is a pop song meant to be a massive hit and image-repairer for Justin Beiber. And also being a pop hit it is not going to particularly personal, but it's just so bland and such a half-assed apology.
- •Sorry Justin, you're gonna have to dig a little deeper to win back my trust after that ridiculous grin in your mug shot.