10 THINGS I ALWAYS HAVE IN MY KITCHEN
For me, cooking is a way to relax, have fun, challenge myself and show love. I always have these 10 things on hand in my tiny kitchen. Follow my cooking adventures on Instagram at @delores_and_bee!
- •EggsI like 'em scrambled, fried, poached, sunny side up, over easy, anything but hard-boiled (yuck!). And that's just on their own! Cookies, mayo, the perfect hollandaise? EGGS. They're pretty much the most versatile food on the planet.
- •Herbs! Herbs, Herbs, HERBS!!!I always have fresh basil, rosemary and thyme on hand and often cook with sage, dill, chives, parsley, you name it! Herbs are a staple!
- •Olive OilI mean...a good olive oil is a necessity! From marinades to salad dressing to the perfect carmelized onions...
- •Arborio RiceUm...Risotto. That is all.
- •Chocolate ChipsCookies. Pancakes. Chocolate Ganache . Banana Bread. Hell, eat a handful for an afternoon snack!
- •Fresh GarlicI pretty much put fresh garlic in everything:
- •OnionsRed Onions. White Onions. Sweet Yellow Onions. Green Onions. Shallots. I've got 'em all. Perfect as a base for a great sauce, tasty in a chicken salad and delicious eaten raw, sliced thin and added to a turkey sandwich.
- •PotatoesI just love me some carbs, y'all! And what CAN'T you do with a potato? The possibilities are ENDLESS.
- •Trader Joe's Tomato Basil Marinara...because sometimes your inner domestic goddess is too tired to cook.
- •Herbed Goat CheeseIt goes with sweet. It goes with savory. It goes on PIZZA. 'Nuff said.