ACTUAL CORPORATE DAD CONVERSATION I OVERHEARD ON BART
This dad was on the phone for 30 min, and is now flirting with a woman at least 20 years his senior- this woman seems kind, docile and way too good for him...though he might just be trying to close another deal.
- •Was that our deal or was Nancy just beatin' the string?
- •I'm perfectly okay taking the $1.9 million but we don't necessarily need to.
- •But I also don't wanna step on anybody's toes.
- •If he replies to us your were he originators of the supply chain, and she can say, Oh no- that represents x percent of the deal. Right?
- •We have to talk to Sales/ops about how much goes in each bucket.
- •In a less than ideal word we have somebody acting as an arbiter that decides what goes to what. But that's in a less than ideal world.
- •I think a personal conversation from you would be good, so to reduce them saying- was it us or was it them, you know?
- •I don't want this to be some sales campaign she gets a spiff on.
- •Well she might want a quarter spiff- and that might be a bigger issue.
- •You get where I'm going with this.
- •Thanks Chris, it's just a bit complex.
- •See you at the office.