Pets I Have Loved
- •MissyMy first dog. She was a German Shepherd. She got hit by a Dodge Duster while on Hwy 13 up the street from home (where I shouldn't have been). I was probably 5 years old.
- •TwinklesDaddy found s box of puppies on his mail route one day. After he was through with the mail, he went back and found only one. He brought her to school when he picked up. I was in 1st grade at Brogden Primary. She was a reddish-brown collie mix.
- •DaisyShe was a little black dog that I got from the SPCA while I was in college. She lived with me for a while then went to live with Mama and Daddy. She died in Feb. 2002. Mama had to take her to the vet because Daddy couldn't. He was undergoing a bout of shingles and we'd find out he had colon cancer just a couple of days later. Not a good month.
- •MaggieMy first cat. She was a gray tabby. She loved me but no one else. She died when she was 11 and I was 8 months pregnant with Hannah. Eric had to take her to the vet. I was trying to work but my boss eventually sent me home because I was having such a bad day. That night, Eric and I had the saddest meal ever at Golden Corral.
- •HomerThe greatest tabby cat that there ever was. He was technically Eric's cat. We got him in November 2001 when he was 3 months old. When he was a kitten, he tormented Maggie so much that she had to retreat to my parents for a few months. He passed away the first day of school in 2014 - August 25. Eric and I took him to the vet. So sad.