Life Lessons I believe in
I no longer subscribe to any religion. It's become too political just too much bullshit for me. I do believe most religions have some good basic teachings. But this is what I believe in and teach my kids.
- •Be kindBe kind to the people you meet during your day. Your kind words may be the only kind words they have heard for a long time.
- •Be happyDon't do something or stay in a relationship if it makes you unhappy. It may be scary but there's something/one out there that will bring a smile and joy to your life.
- •Be honestAlways be honest. If someone doesn't appreciate your honesty that's their problem, not yours.
- •Be sillyLife is too full of serious moments, so don't forget to be a kid. Go play in the rain, color, tell corny jokes.
- •Manage expectationsThis is one I'm still working on. Managing my own expectations by telling people what I expect of them. People are not mind readers. They cannot know what you want if you don't tell them. Also, you cannot manage other people's expectations.
- •Be gratefulKeep a notebook handy and everyday write one thing you are grateful for even if it's that you're still alive.
- •HugBe generous with hugs. You never know when one will save a life.