ME: MY MOST USED APPS
Ios and OSX. Mostly productivity.
- 1.30/30Time boxing app. See in real time what tasks you should be working on.
- 2.OneNote (cross-platform) (free)In college? Taking notes? This app is great for note taking. Also has drawing capabilities for tablets and Windows (sadly drawing feature not available for Mac :[). Syncs notes in One Drive.
- 3.Day One Journal (iOS & OSX) ($$$)If you journal on a daily basis, highly recommend. Best for on-the-fly entries. Markdown makes it possible to format wo leaving the keyboard. Tag search. Embed images. Easy navigation. Multiple journals. Workflow recipes. Future updates will have IFTTT integration. Cons: pricey.
- 4.SelfControl (Mac) (free)A dangerous, yet extremely helpful app that keeps you from browsing distracting websites. The reason I say dangerous is bc this app will block those websites even when the app is uninstalled! If you want to go cold turkey (which is probably the best way) for a preset duration, this will do the job.
- 5.Nativefier (Mac) (free)Turn Website into Standalone Apps. https://www.npmjs.com/package/nativefier . Basically websites without the URL bar and can be launched like an app.
- 6.Flu.xTurns screen orange during night use to help you sleep better (bc blue screens keep you awake).
- 7.Boom 2 (Mac) ($14.99)Makes music sound better on a Mac. I like my study music. For some reason the default sound is bland (iPhone even has a better base and treble). Of course everyone's taste is different, which is why this is an equalizer. I'll post my equalizer settings once I get more followers :)
- 8.Feel free to comment on any apps you use!