Why It Sucks to Own a Food Truck
It's often a chaotic mess. But if you're a 20 something with nothing to lose, it's glorious. I miss it now.
- •Prepping is the worst!This is often overlooked initially. The amount of time to prep food/ingredients is insane.
- •Keeping your customers up to date with your schedule.Let's just say mobility has its pros and cons.
- •Keeping yourself up to date with your own fucking schedule."Where are we supposed to be again!?"
- •Health Department inspectors hate dealing with you, and they don't hide it.'Food truck lives matter'
- •You will forget at least one vital cooking utensil everyday.Monday: tongs. Tuesday: 4/3 container lids Wednesday: to go containers. Etc.
- •You and every article of clothing will smell of whatever you're cooking. Permanently.Jalapeños and flank steak. It became my musk.
- •Expect a breakdown about once a week for no fucking reason.That's when you call up your buds and push that thing back at 1am
- •Long live the Pico Norte Taco Truck