Inspirational Quotes That Do Nothing for Me
It's been a while, and I've missed you guys. Re-entering List App to share some measured skepticism
- •"There's no 'i" in team"There's a "u" in cult, though, so do with that what you will.
- •"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars"Taken literally, this is some very bad scientific advice. Taken figuratively, it encourages settling for very mediocre expectations
- •"You must love yourself before others can love you"False. My closest relationships have formed during pretty intense periods of self-loathing.
- •"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"Aside from the fact that you need a fuck ton of sugar to make lemonade that doesn't suck ass, who actually uses this sentiment to redirect the course of their already free-wheeling negative spiral?!
- •"Good things come to those who wait"I waited two years to go to the dentist and all that's gifted me is a series of root canals