My Saved Links to Read Today
Because leaving them in FB or hanging out in Safari means I'll actually never get to them... Let's see if listing them here helps.
- •Recommended by Ta-Nehisi Coates as essential to watch: http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/04/when-james-baldwin-met-bill-buckley/255787/Taken from a nypl post that listed Coates' list of recommended reading, "Ta-Nehisi Coates also spent a great deal of time describing and recommending the video of the 1965 historic debate between James Baldwin v. William F. Buckley Jr. at Cambridge University on the question: "Is the American Dream at the expense of the American Negro?" See the book list here: http://www.nypl.org/blog/2015/10/23/ta-nehisi-coates-reading-list
- •Christo + Italy + Walking on Water = I'm there: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/25/arts/design/art-that-lets-you-walk-on-water.html?_r=0&referer=http://m.facebook.comRead the first few paragraphs of this already and know where I must be on July 18, 2016
- •Justice Ginsburg's Cautious Radicalism: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/25/opinion/sunday/justice-ginsburgs-cautious-radicalism.html?referer=http://m.facebook.comBecause I'm currently obsessed with contemporary feminism and how women who were around in the 70's live their truths now
- •How Trudeau's recent win in Canada has something to do with Keynes: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/23/opinion/keynes-comes-to-canada.html?referer=http://m.facebook.comClearly this one I actually HAVE to read because I don't know what the hell they are talking about... 😕
- •From the NYTimes... How to make chocolate cheesecake with graham crackers: http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016800-chocolate-cheesecake-with-graham-cracker-crunchI don't cook and I've never made cheesecake but I love nothing more than cheesecake and chocolate so maybe if I just leave this here is will one day manifest...