Obligatory most influential albums list.
A personal list that may or may not explain some things.
- •Closer. Joy Division.Not even up for debate. If you don't like this, I don't like you.
- •Transformer. Lou Reed.In the marrrow.
- •PNYC. Portishead.Possibly the best live album. Feeds my noirish spy novel side.
- •Juju. Siouxsie and the Banshees.Fucking amazing.
- •The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars.In addition to just about every other Bowie album prior to 1985.
- •Let Love In. Nick Cave.Mostly a timing thing, but all of his stuff really.
- •Raw Power. Iggy and the Stooges.Yes. And yes.
- •Blackstar. David Bowie.Seriously. A perfect goodbye from beginning to end.