My Favorite Episode of Gilmore Girls from Each Season
GG and chill
- •S1: The Lorelais' First Day at ChiltonPrestigious private school. Academic rigor. Fierce mother-daughter bond. Quick wit. Basically encapsulates the heart of GG s1-3
- •S2: The Road Trip to HarvardOkay, maybe it's pretty shitty to leave your fiancé on the day of your wedding, but the way Rory unconditionally support Lorelai's decision makes it okay—right? Bonus: Rory KILLING IT during a lecture at Harvard.
- •Alternate: Nick & Nora/Sid & Nancy"I just wanted to put some notes in the margins." Ugh, swoon. Still waiting for a gentleman caller to give me his annotated copy of a Great American Classic.
- •S3: Those Are Strings, PinocchioGraduation speech. I'm crying, you're crying, we're all crying.
- •S4: The Lorelais' First Day at YaleNever before have I so intensely related to a line as much as Rory's "I'm 18. I can sign contracts. I can vote. I can fight for my country. I'm an adult. Adults don't want their mommies."
- •S5: The Party's OverI liked seeing Rory letting loose and starting a party with the rich kids—sue me. Rory needed to venture over to that other side of her Gilmore namesake. BUT not so far that she gets arrested, drops out of school, and stops talking to her mother. Reign it in, Rory. Sheesh.
- •S6: Let Me Hear Your Balalaikas RingingJess—oh sweet, grown up, published author Jess—gets Rory to go back to Yale.
- •S7: N/Amaybe the last 5 min of Bon Voyage
- •FALLApparently I'm in the minority of people who liked the revival. Like, come on. Emily received such a good ending.
- •COME ON