The Funniest Things My Chinese Mother Has Ever Said
- •"I'm over Johnny Depp."The first woman in America to utter those words.
- •"If Russia was ruled by Olga and not Putin there wouldn't be this conflict."When I asked who Olga is, she shrugged and said, "some Russian woman." My mom is apparently a firm believer in girl power.
- •"Right there, on that corner, that's where I saw my very first long-haired guy ever."Said while driving around in Chicago, reminiscing about her first days in America.
- •"Why is it all broken up?"I was showing her a picture of the Colosseum from my trip to Europe.
- •"I know."This is the only way she ever responds to complements.
- •"Aw, my grandchildren will be so cute."No pressure.