Thoughts Before I Go to Any Social Event
As an introvert, I spend a good 40 minutes thinking about going before I go.
- •Why am I doing this?
- •I don't NEED to go.
- •I'm not going, I don't owe these people anything.
- •I'll just be miserable, I'm doing them a favor by staying home.
- •I'll tell them I feel sick.
- •No, I'll tell them I have homework.
- •No, I'll tell them I got hit by a bus.
- •No, I'll tell them my mom is in the hospital.
- •No, I've watched too many sitcoms to believe that'll work.
- •But what if they hate me for not coming and I lose all my friends
- •Maybe I'll regret not going
- •But, my bed.
- •No! Don't think about your bed! Let me see who else is going.
- •Oh a friend from high school, I can attach myself to them for the whole night.
- •Ok I'll go, but I'm not doing anything for at least three days.