MODERN SLANG I UNABASHEDLY USE IN CONVERSATION
Including real sentences I've actually said out loud
- •PressedExtremely concerned, perhaps absurdly so. "I'm extremely pressed about Louie and Pamela's relationship."
- •BasicThe utter lack of nuance or originality. "Shopping at Target is basic, but shopping at The Dollar Tree is inspired."
- •StanExtreme fanaticism, to take your level of fandom to the most exaggerated degree. Originates from that creepy Eminem video. "I stan so hard for Bea Arthur."
- •Low-keyA phrase used to indicate an intended understatement. "I low-key think Britney Spears has been dead behind the eyes since 2007."
- •Tried itWhen someone attempts to attack, mistreat, or outsmart you. "That Comcast customer service rep really tried it this morning, but I threatened to report them and ended up with free HBO."
- •DragTo put someone in their place and in some instances, physically drag them. "I had to drag Katy Perry on Twitter for all that cultural appropriation she's been perpetuating lately."
- •GO OFF!!Only shouted. A phrase used to encourage one who is already doing well; they may be dressed impeccably, in the middle of a crowd pleasing speech, or generally handling life's hurdles with finesse. "When I saw Lupita on the red carpet I could not help but yell 'yass Lupita, GO OFF!!' at my tv screen."