THAT TIME I FOUND OUT I HAVE AN EXTRA RIB
Thank God this condition is not at all serious in my case I'm just a huge drama queen and v neurotic enjoy 😘
- •A few months ago I was bored at work. My home clinic has recently transferred all medical records online and they are available to patients 24/7.This is low key a horrible idea
- •So, bored and with internet access, I decided to plow through my past with reckless abandon
- •The first few (of the total 19) pages were as expected - african american female born with a highly sought after blood type to a healthy mother in 1993
- •However, on page 15, things got a little weird
- •Since the doctor alluded to it as an "abnormality", I freaked out. What is a cervical rib? How common is it? Why are there bones in my body that I don't know about?
- •I'm 22 so naturally, I documented my spiral on Snapchat
- •Then my confrontational nature kicked in
- •Here's the crazy part. I called my Mom and asked her pointblank if she knew about it. She paused. She audibly gulped. "April, I never wanted you to find out this way."LIKE THIS IS DAYS OF OUR LIVES OR SOME SHIT
- •She said she found out about it when I was five and vowed to never tell me because she "knew how neurotic I was and didn't want to make me feel weird or different" and she knew it wasn't serious
- •So then I started feeling ridiculous because that is exactly what happened, in addition to the immediate onset of extreme paranoia. Like how was I already this neurotic/distrustful at 5???
- •My mama apologized and said that was "the last secret she was keeping from me" which is suspect but I'm just gonna let that go
- •So here I am today. Acceptance is key, my friends. Also there are def more than 13 ribs in a ribcage right??