Fast & Furious Movies, Ranked
#FastFamily for life.
- 1.2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)Casting Tyrese Gibson as Roman Pearce may be the smartest move of the franchise to date. Tyrese giving Paul Walker a hard time is one of my favorite M/M onscreen dynamics ever. "You still fight like a bitch!!!" "He did the stare and drive on you, didn't he? He got that from me!" "Show off!" Bonus: "eyy, real funny, Fonzie! Ass." "Get to walkin', Fabio!!!" "We hongry" And the debut of Ludacris as Tej. 🎶tell me what u gonna do/ACT A FOOL!🎶 dir. John Singleton
- 2.Fast Five (2011)A critical turning point in the franchise that signals a departure from mainly street racing/hijacking to a fully-fledged "Oceans Eleven" ensemble-heist motif which has become the franchise formula ever since. Part of the "golden years" in the F&F timeline where Han (Sung Kang) is still alive and nothing hurts. Debut of Dwayne Johnson as Hobbs, a perfect foil to antihero Toretto. And Tyrese is back! Never forget that u can jump off buildings, land n keep runnin. Dir. Justin Lin
- 3.Fast and Furious 6 (2013)Another incredible "golden age" film directed by Justin Lin. Unforgettable fight scene in underground tube station between Michelle Rodriguez and Gina Carano (they're so crazy strong!!). A lot of exposition related to Letty's amnesia, but it's all worth it when Dom leaps out a moving car, across a bridge to save her effing life. Cut to final fight scene in jet trying to take off, my dad (works for Boeing) whispers, "No runway in the world is that long." Don't care; BELIEF 4EVER SUSPENDED 💁🏻
- 4.The Fast and the Furious (2001)Will always watch if it's on TV—establishes the eternal dynamic of Vin Diesel as impossibly cool and Paul Walker bein all charming-dorky. The film that inspired generations. Even my youth group leader tricked out his ride with NOS after seeing this movie. Lmao.
- 5.Furious 7 (2015)I will never, ever forget the epic parking lot wrench fight between Vin Diesel and Jasan Statham—I laughed of loud right there in the theater. Obviously the plot doesn't make a ton of sense given that they had to patch together what little footage they had of Paul Walker they captured before his tragic death. But U can count on Tyrese killin it in the game (as the group "Joker" lmao) and ofc the amazing slo-mo shot of them dressed 2 kill in Abu Dhabi. Classic #FastFamily
- 6.Fast and Furious (2009)Sorry, dude, but following a GPS device through underground tunnels was just not... Compelling. "Turn right in 500 feet." Snooze! This movie was a disappointment, tbh, and I have no desire to rewatch it.
- 7.The Fast and Furious: Tokyo DriftLet's be real: Lucas Black is no Paul Walker, and without Tyrese or Vin (apart from his two second cameo at the end), the movie falls flat. Racing cars inside parking lots? Again, SNOOZE. Sorry. Sung Kang as Han is crazy likable but it's not enough for me to get into this movie at all. No one's checking for Tokyo Drift.
- 8.FAST 8 TAKE ME THERE!!!!!!!!Dir. F. Gary Gray