- 1.about time (2013)rachel mcadams & domnhall gleeson & bill nighy & richard curtis 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
- 2.lost river (2014)i am a gosling fangirl but somehow had stayed away from this following mixed reviews. i actually really liked it; granted, it's fucking bizarre, but it looks wonderful and it's clearly a homage to some of his favourite directors. this is worth reading: http://vaguevisages.com/2015/10/02/we-failed-this-film-ryan-goslings-lost-river/
- 3.zootropolis (2016)still not sure why it was given this name in the UK rather than its original 'zootopia' but whatever- it's 2016 and the realest film about race and diversity is a disney animation aimed at children. damn.
- 4.thor: the dark world (2013)chris hemsworth is just glorious with his luxurious hair, and I am so here for loki, as always. HI👏🏻DDL👏🏻ESTON.
- 5.silent running (1972)i went to a screening of this as part of a green film festival, with an introduction by one of my favourite critics, mark kermode. it's so trippy! bruce dern exudes angry vegan vibes (i can relate) and i'm assuming someone has written about the parallels between this and the martian if not- i'll get to it.
- 6.seduced and abandoned (2013)as a total movie nerd, this was so interesting. SO interesting. alec baldwin and james toback head to cannes to source financing for a film they want to make- it was such an insight into how the artistic process of movie making is often dictated by who or what is considered bankable and will make monetary returns rather than the piece of art itself.
- 7.say when (2013)think this was called 'laggies' everywhere else? not sure why the UK got a different name? anyway- LOVED IT. i'm experiencing kiera revival (see also; begin again), plus benjamin gibbard did the music and also: sam rockwell & mark webber 😍