things i've never seen before, new & old 📽 (for the previous months of this year, check my profile or below this list 👇🏻)
- •cafe society (2016)my mum & i took a weekend break to cambridge and she'd booked us tickets to see this on the friday night. i'd taken a personal vow to not pay or watch any of woody allen's movies because of how questionable he is as a human, but this was kind of great (& i hate myself for thinking that). my mum loves old hollywood so this period piece was totally her jam. corey stoll looks great with hair & i love jesse eisenberg.
- •star trek beyond (2016)this was so much better than the last film! so much fun. i could watch zachary quinto as spock for days and i've even grown to approve of chris pine as kirk. also: the beastie boys.
- •eight days of the week: the touring years (2016)FULL DISCLOSURE: i can give or take the beatles and their musical output. my mum is a huge fan and we took her to see this- it was great! the archive footage is insane and it's still so hard to get my head around the sheer cultural phenomenon that was the fab four. i feel like there won't be anything like it ever again.
- •bridget jones's baby (2016)loved loved loved this and i ain't even sorry about it. the original bridget jones was one of the first 'grown up' movies i saw (snuck in under age thanks to my mum!) and i've watched it about a hundred times. i was skeptical as the second movie sucks so much but this was so fun. colin firth still has it 😘
- •captain fantastic (2016)viggo viggo viggo viggo viggo viggo. is that not enough of an endorsement? such an interesting story (family living outside of society in the forests of the pacific northwest) shot beautifully and made me want to move to the woods to avoid the rest of society (i.e. go live the dream).