NON-VEGAN FOODS I MISS EATING
i started to cut down on dairy in 2007(ish) when i realised it made me kind of sick, i went veggie in 2009 and then went full vegan in 2010. these are the foods i commonly dream about when lamenting my dietary decision. fellow veganz, feel free to add your shouts- i want to know what you miss!
- •meringue/pavlovathe holy fucking grail, i dream of eating pavlova at least once a week. seeing a pavolva is excruciating. if i ever stop being vegan, it will be because someone has decided to make the world's biggest pavolva and serve it on my street.
- •egg sandwichesin the month before i went vegan, i ate eggs at an alarming rate. egg mayo, i miss u.
- •cheesecake (baked)white chocolate cheesecake especially.
- •pop tartschocolate frosted. now i just buy them as gifts for @vixvixvix.
- •york peppermint pattiesfrom the freezer.
- •m&s chocolate swiss rollsespecially the chocolate covered ones.
- •mars ice cream barssee also: twix ice cream bars. see also again: mars bars, period.
- •every single flavour of Ben & Jerrysi want to eat my bodyweight in chocolate fudge brownie. there are so many flavours of this that I never got to experience.
- •pizza, really greasy NYC pizzaplease do not step to me and explain how there are great vegan cheeses available. i KNOW. i regularly eat good vegan pizza! it's just that....nothing is ever as good as real cheese. i think i miss NYC pizza the most because of the mythical status it has in my brain. i went vegan the day after coming home from a trip to NYC in 2010 & i'm haunted by the foods i ate on that trip.