SONGS I AM CURRENTLY OBSESSED WITH (VOL. 1)
I have a spotify playlist specifically for songs I want to access immediately so I can obsessively listen to over and over. the past few weeks:
- •I'm on fire by bruce springsteen/five million other songs by the bossi watched, loved, obsessed over HBOs show me a hero recently, the soundtrack of which featured SO much springsteen. combine this with the realisation that the older I get, the more I love bruce, and you'll find about fifteen songs on my current shortcut playlist. this, however, is THE ONE. "sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby, edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley through the middle of my skull"- 💯
- •hotline bling by drakehow fucking self-satisfied is the line "ever since I left the city, you started wearing less and goin' out more"? and yet I listen to it over and over and over. aubrey is so clingy.
- •hyperballed by bjorkit's probably because i've been feeling super melancholic but: "I go through this before you wake up so i can feel happier to be safe up here with you"- same same.
- •everything in its right place by radioheadin the midst of a radiohead/thom yorke revisitation at the moment. this and paranoid android are my go-to songs (though in actuality I'd rather be listening to the thom yorke solo album, but Spotify doesn't have that...!)
- •taliban by haterade/all of the tangerine OSTi saw tangerine last weekend and have become obsessed by the soundtrack over the last seven days. I don't even like EDM that much? I hate that I just called it EDM.
- •bunsen burner by cutsI've been doing a lot of early morning walks to the station and this song (from the ex machina OST) has made me trip out SO MANY TIMES.
- •rid of me by pj harveythe way polly goes from breathy silence seductiveness to totally losing it is one of my favourite things about her as a musician and this song exemplifies this 100%
- •I didn't just come here to dance by carly rae jepsenit's hard to tell who loves this more; me or thomas.
- •debaser by pixiesI am un chien andalusia
- •magic by coldplayI literally listened to this five times in a row on the train the other day? and then cried.
- •swimming pools (drank) by kendrick lamardo you ever suddenly realise you really really like an artist without having explicitly dedicated a large amount of time to pursing them? I discovered that I'd listened to SO much kendrick without even consciously realising. this song is my favourite.
- •inner city blues by marvin gayenothing makes me feel more like an actual grown up human being than listening to marvin gaye.
- •picasso baby by jay-z"yellow basquiat in my kitchen corner, go 'head lean on that shit blue, you own it"- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- •dancing on my own by robynwhen I am I NOT obsessing over this song?!