SONGS I AM CURRENTLY OBSESSED WITH (VOL 8)
thank you to @nantea for reminding me how much i loved assembling these lists! haven't done one for a while so here's a little backlog of musical numbers i've been overplaying.
- •all about me by sydformerly of odd future, currently of the internet, syd's solo full-length dropped last week and i'm so caught up in it. i can't be bothered to make lazy musical comparisons but it's great and this is a stand-out track; just go listen to the whole thing!
- •blood on me by samphaanother record which came out last week, this is my favourite song from sampha's debut. absolutely worth checking out.
- •drama never ends by 50 centthis is on the 'southpaw' OST, in which fiddy stars alongside my one true one, jake gyllenhaal. 50 cent is a totally not-in-any-way-guilty pleasure for me and this is a prime example of why i like listening to him: catchy as fuck.
- •state of love and trust by pearl jammy husband and i have been together for nine years this year (married three- irrelevant but i'm not that old); in that time, i have campaigned for him to like various things including pearl jam. finally, after literal years, he heard a song by said band and admitted that yes, they do have some enjoyable tunes. since then i've been overplaying pearl jam's back cat & i'm pretty sure this is my favourite song by them (from the 'singles' OST).
- •t-shirt by migosplus bad and boujee too, though i think this is catchier? idk. culture is such a great record and i'm enjoying this moment they're having.
- •do you still love me? by ryan adamshis new record is out next week! i'm excited.
- •sunday morning by maroon 5stay with me on this- songs about jane is legitimately full of hits and it's also FIFTEEN YEARS OLD THIS YEAR. that's insane. i sing this around the house on a regular basis which i guess makes it one of my go-to karaoke jams? idk.
- •two weeks by FKA twigsi was so obsessed with LP1 when it came out & i've been revisiting that record lately. this song gives me tingles.
- •redbone by childish gambinodonald damn glover.
- •still a stranger by AFIafi released their tenth studio album last month; i'm a baby goth and they have been a big part of my life since i was 13. it's really great and this song is catchy as hell and i hope they tour here soon because it's been way too long since i've sung myself hoarse.
- •hey kids by run the jewels ft. danny browndanny brown's atrocity exhibition was a surprise favourite of mine during the end of 2016 and i'm totally obsessed with RTJ3, so it's natural this would be the song i keep coming back to.
- •touch me i'm going to scream part 2 by my morning jacketwe watched 'demolition' over christmas and i love love loved the way they used this song on the soundtrack. i've never really care for their music before but i've since been back to give them a second chance; they're great.
- •cranes in the sky by solangeSO MANY FEELINGS
- •the new by interpoli scored tickets to (finally!) see interpol in london in september; they're doing special 15 year anniversary (!) celebration shows in honour of 'turn on the bright lights' and i'm so psyched. i'm fairly sure i'll be a mess throughout but especially during this- the guitar breakdown from 3 mins 13 just destroys me in a way i can't describe.
- •consideration by rihannaanti blew my mind last year; i'd always liked rihanna but not in the way i've grown to in the last twelve months. this is SUCH a great album opener and it's always on a constant loop for me.
- •another day of sun by the LA LA land castunapologetically obsessed with this soundtrack; this is my 'walk to work, leave work' jam at the moment.
- •let's get lifted by john legendrelated to the above, obviously. i forgot how damn great this record and this song are.
- •drunk in love by beyoncécurrent bey go-to. surfbort.