TRACKING MY INTERNET USE? HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL FIND
Theresa May, the British Home Secretary, today announced plans to track the internet usage of UK citizens in an attempt to stop terrorism or something (deetz: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/04/theresa-may-surveillance-measures-edward-snowden). here's an overview of the websites she'll find in my search history should she come knocking:
- •google image search "oscar isaac"the amount of image searches i do daily is next-level. i would be very interested in seeing these statistics.
- •how many calories in _____?because i'm conscientious and neurotic like that.
- •the wikipedia episode pages of whichever tv show I am currently invested inespecially if i'm trying to fathom out exactly what the fuck is going on.
- •just double checking everything's present and correct before i post cryptic couplets to twitter.
- •is ____ vegan?the answer is usually no.
- •webmdi spend A LOT of time diagnosing myself with things in advance of going to the doctor.
- •grantland (RIP)until it was cruelly snatched away from me last weekend, i would usually have open multiple articles from grantland, which i probably meant to read about five days ago but got distracted.
- •various websites showcasing cat poopmy cat keeps eating at other people's houses and his poop is detrimentally affected by his dumb dietary decisions. also, who really knows what cat poop is supposed to look like?
- •julian assange gifsthe regularity with which i send @vixvixvix gifs of your favourite wikileaker is probably worrying to someone surveilling what kind of websites i'm visiting.
- •multiple streaming sites so I can watch the US shows I lovemaybe i should actually be concerned.