Things People Do That Immediately Endear Them To Me
- •Sending handwritten thank-you notes and letters
- •Still surprising their partner with flowers after decades of being together
- •Engaging with children and asking them questions, then really listening to their answers
- •Clearing the table or picking up other people's litter without being asked, just because it's the courteous thing to do
- •Calling people "Sir" and "Ma'am"
- •Having a sweet and/or embarrassing nickname for their parents or grandparents (and vice versa)"Mee maw" is still my all-time favorite nickname for a grandmother that I've heard. In my own family, my mom calls me "Jiggy Baba" and no one remembers what it means or how it started.