MY FAVORITE LYRIC FROM EACH SONG ON THE LUMINEERS' NEW ALBUM
- •Sleep on the FloorCause if we don't leave this town we might never make it out. I was not born to drown, baby come on.
- •OpheliaWhen I was younger, should have known better. I can't feel no remorse, and you don't feel nothing back.
- •CleopatraI drive a taxi, and the traffic distracts me from the strangers in my backseat, they remind me of you.
- •Gun SongThings I knew when I was young, some were true and some were wrong. And one day, I pray, I'll be more than my father's son.
- •AngelaBut you held your course to some distant war in the corners of your mind.
- •In the LightFate dealt you a tricky hand. Now you're just left alone in your mind and I have gone away.
- •Gale SongAnd oh this too shall pass. This loneliness won't last for long. I wasn't there to take his place, I was ten thousand miles away. So when you hear my voice and when you say my name, may it never give you pain.
- •Long Way from HomeYou're right next to me but you're a long way from home.
- •Sick in the HeadThey're writing my history, think somebody should've asked me.
- •My EyesToo young to know, too old to admit, that you couldn't see how it ends.